See on oklahomaseoadvisor.com
You can design the most attractive website or create the best blog on the web and it will all be wasted effort if it never sees the light of day. Generating traffic is the name of the game when it comes to brand-building, creating advertising revenue, and boosting visibility. There are dozens of tips and tricks to drive traffic to your blog or website, all with varying degrees of success; here are ten of the most effective.
- Keep Content Fresh and Valuable – Whether your site is designed to provide pertinent information or to sell goods or services, it’s important that there be a sizable amount of relevant information in a variety of forms such as articles, videos and photographs. Not only will this valuable content make a visitor more likely to purchase your goods or utilize your services, the ability to find free and informative material will inspire them to keep coming back.
- Learn SEO – SEO, which stands for Search Engine Optimization, can be intimidating at first. There are dozens of books on the subject, ranging from the simple how-to for beginners to complex manuals for veterans. Simply put, learning how to manage SEO content will help you drive targeted traffic to your site, and it’s one of the most valuable skills a budding web entrepreneur can add to their arsenal.
- Create a Newsletter – One of the most effective ways of generating repeat traffic to your site is by creating a free newsletter. When visitors to your website sign up for your newsletter they’re doing so because they have an active interest in your area of expertise. Sending out a regular newsletter to inform subscribers of new content and site updates will often result in a visit. Be sure to follow the CAN-SPAM act guidelines when designing your newsletter.
- Use Social Media – Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites are a great way to generate traffic as well as to maintain and broaden your audience. In addition to being incredibly powerful tools to reach the masses, most of them have the added bonus of being completely free to use.
- Give Interviews – Accepting requests for interviews will not only boost your visibility and help to build your personal brand, but it also often results in a flood of new traffic to your site if the interviewer includes a link or the name of your website.
- Create a Podcast – There are podcasts out there to cater to almost every niche market in the world. Creating your own podcast that is full of interesting and informative content can be a very effective method for generating site traffic, and can also position you as a heavy-hitter in your field.
- Use a PPC Client – Essentially, using a Pay Per Click client is a way of generating traffic to your site by paying for visitors. Tracking your ads and their results is certainly the most important aspect of PPC marketing; without tracking, it’s impossible to calculate the effectiveness of your ads. Powerhouses like Google and Yahoo! both offer PPC clients that are easy to operate.
- Use an Email Signature – Including the link to your website in your email signature is a very simple and completely free way to generate interest in your site. Each person that receives an email from you becomes a potential client when the ability to access your goods or services is at the bottom of the page.
- Submit Content to E-zines For Free – Like providing interviews to other websites and blogs, contributing content related to your field of expertise to e-zines free of charge can drive traffic to your site by boosting your visibility and portraying you as an expert within your chosen niche. Instead of seeing each piece of content as a sacrifice, view them as investments with a potentially large payoff.
- Build a Forum Presence – Forums and online message boards dedicated to your field of knowledge or chosen topic are a great way to connect with others who share your interests and to network with other webmasters. Just like adding the link to your email signature can generate traffic, so can including it in your forum signature. Building a reputation of being knowledgeable can go a long way towards directing traffic and potential clients your way.
Regardless of your end reasons for desiring routine traffic to your site, you cannot rely on only one or two methods of driving traffic. The more of the above avenues that you put to use, the more traffic you will find coming your way.
*Reprinted with permission from Hannah Howard of LonghornLeads.com
If you’ve enjoyed this blogpost and want to read more web traffic articles like this leave me a comment and let me know, also be sure to share this post on your favorite social media.
Always to your web traffis success,
Mark “The Web Traffic Reporter” Brown
Here are 3 tips for how to increase web traffic to your blog. Read on to learn how to attract readers and keep them coming back so that you can build relationships and business contacts:
1. Use the Search Engines
Right now 80% of people find blogs and websites via search engines. Because of this importatnt fact Search Engine Optimization (SEO) should not be ignored.
Your goal shoudl be to get your blog on the first page of the major search engines. Search Engine optimization from outside of your site is just as important to driving traffic as pulling web traffic to it from the outside in.
2. Use E-mail
Another easy way you can increase your blog traffic is by capturing the email address of your visitors to your site. Once you have their permission to send them e-mail you will want to keep them updated about upcoming events, new products, promotions, or even special anouncements.
3. Guest Post for More Traffic
Another way to increase traffic to your blog is to seek out blogs in your niche that allow writers to guest post. When you write a great post, leave a compelling call to action, and have a memorable signature file you will get traffic to your blog.
When you reach out to other people online and share useful information they will come back to your blog again and again. You don’t have to have your own content all the time either. Share what you find useful, post articles and videos that inspire you and chances are it will inspire your readers.
Now you have 3 proven methods for increasing blog traffic and rankings that will keep your readers engaged. Set aside some time in your day to get moving with your blog promotion strategies, stay consistent, and over time you will see the results that you desire.
To your blogging and traffic success always,
The Web Traffic Reporter
Choosing the correct title tag for your blog or website is vital if you want to get more traffic, leads, covert more sales, and improve your search engine rankings (SEO).
There are many factors necessary in getting high SEO rankings; however the most important ingredient in getting better search results in Google and other search engines is the title tag of a web page.
More importantly, it’s what people see and decide whether to click on to find solutions to their problems or answers to their questions.
Title tags are also one of the most important SEO ranking factors. Here’s one of the reasons why.
Google’s mission is: “To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.” They achieve this goal by electronically determining what web pages are about.
Then, they rank where to put each web page on their search engine based on the title tag, the amount of clicks, comments, and inbound links or backlinks pointing back to the web page from other sites.
How to Make a Good Title Tag
- Entice people to click on your link
- Make an encouraging title tag—something related to your keywords and content
- Include a few of your keywords. Place them as far left on the title to improve your SEO. Keep in mind to make your title relevant and interesting in order to persuade people to click on your link
- Match your page content with your desired objective
- Make sure your title is consistent with your content. You want your visitors to read valuable information that’s coincides with why they clicked on your web page to begin with.
If someone is searching for information about, let’s say, “How to Make a Kite,” you do NOT want the visitor to click on your web page and start getting an aggressive sales pitch to buy an affiliate, or home-based business product. They clicked on your link to learn “How to Make a Kite!”
Give people what they want! If you don’t you will lose creditability and reduce your chance of forming a relationship with them.
Title Tag Keywords and Your Content
On the other hand, if your title does NOT have keywords related to your page content, more than likely your web page will NOT show up in search engines and people won’t find your link. So, make sure some of your content contains the keywords you used in the title of your web page.
Follow the Search Results Parameter Rules
Google has certain parameters related to title tags. They will not display a title that is over 70 characters in the title tag link.
Finally, every page on your website should have its own unique title. If some of your titles are the same, Google will view it as duplicate content and not put your web page in the search engine. It will also make it confusing for your visitors.
In closing, some additional advice to you is to write valuable content, follow the rules to improve your search engine rankings, be persistent, keep learning, share your knowledge, and build relationships with others in order to get more web traffic.
P.S. be sure to leave a comment to let Mark and I know if you like these kind of blog posts.
1) The first reason is that it helps your pages get indexed faster, which is very important because you want all the traffic you can get and for the search engines to find it as soon as possible and crawl it regularly.
2) The second reason is that it helps your pages get higher search engine rankings for the keywords of your choice. The more backlinks you have, the more traffic you get. Period.
However, building backlinks can be a time-consuming and boring process. You can outsource the process to a third party and pay a lot of money or you can do it yourself with SocialMonkee
Social Monkee is an instant backlink builder that allows you to build 25 unique backlinks, every day, for FREE! All links are on unique C-Class IP addresses and domains. Imagine being able to create 25 unique backlinks every day, with the click of a button.
25 unique backlinks every day comes up to a total of 175 backlinks every week and 750 every month. There is also an upgraded level which enables you to build 100 uniques backlinks, 3 times a day! That’s a total of 2,100 backlinks every week, 9,000 every month! The good news is, the folks at SocialMonkee will give you a premium account for no cost as long as you refer 12 members. If you’re not really into referral marketing, you may upgrade anytime for a low one-time fee.
Submitting a page to SocialMonkee via the members area takes under two minutes, but there’s an even faster way to get backlinks to your website. They created a Firefox plugin that allows you to submit your page to up to 100 sites in just a few clicks, using nothing other than Firefox! If you have a Premium Account you will also get access to link reports and RSS feeds, which are great to keep track of your backlinks and get them indexed fast. Submitting your RSS feeds to RSS submitters is actually a very important step in link building.
So what are you waiting for? Join SocialMonkee now while it’s still free and get all the web traffic and links your site can handle.
The Web Traffic Reporter
The most important thing to know about SEO when it relates to getting traffic to your website is to keep it simple. The top 2 strategies that come to mind are your keyword and link building strategy.
After you’ve selected your keywords by building your target keyword list, the next goal in building a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is to match each of those keywords to pages on your website. Where do you start, though?
Focusing on quick fixes that allow you to quickly make improvements in rankings and getting more traffic to your website is where you want to focus your attention.
1. Develop and research the right keywords: your target keyword list must relate to, match up with, and/or tie in with the subject or theme of your site. If your site name has a keyword in it that helps as well.
2. Understand What’s Driving Web Traffic to Your Site: You must know how many page views and inbound links your pages are attracting, seek out an analytics service if your webhost does not provide understandable data.
3. Do Some Competitive Research: take a peek at your competitors’ pages to see if any of them relate to the same keyword or phrase that you use and then gather some data to assist you in removing them from your path to the top of the search engines. Look for things like:
How have they optimized their title tags, and/or where are their inbound links coming from. Those are just 2 areas that you can make adjustments and see improved ranking from in a short amount of time.
SEO for increased web traffic doesn’t have to be an impossible feat, especially if you focus on the low-hanging fruit already on your website. You can also do just a few hours of research and save yourself both time and money by making thses tweaks yourself instead of paying an SEO Guru. With focused SEO effort and a solid strategy you can drive sustainable traffic over time and monetize it at the same time for a powerful and profitable combination.
Please leave a comment if you know a quick SEO tip that will help readers of The Web Traffic News.
The Web Traffic Reporter